Thomas Street Dublin
1923 – John Player Factory, Botanic Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin
1954 – F.W. Woolworth, Thomas Street, Dublin
Architect: Harold Winbourne
Former F.W. Woolworth store, later converted into public offices for Department of Social Welfare, and again back into retail space. The upper floors are one room deep, with a large floorplate at ground level for the store. Typical elevational treatment for their stores of the period. Sadly the original shop front is now gone. Never a financial success, this store closed in the 1960s before the remainder of the company closed in 1984.