Dublin Wicklow & Wexford Railway
1865 – Railway Station, Shillelagh, Co. Wicklow
Shillelagh railway station opened on 22 May 1865 at the end of a branchline from Woodenbridge via Aughrim and Tinahely. Constructed by the Dublin, Wicklow & Wexford Railway Co. It closed to passengers and goods traffic on 24 April 1944, and altogether on 20 April 1945. The nearby Coollattin Estate donated land for the route to the railway company for free – with the Fitzwilliam family having an exclusive private waiting room in the station. The station building is now a a private residence.