1865 – Railway Station, Helen’s Bay, Co. Down
Opened in 1865 and built at the expense of the Marquis of Dufferin and Ave, whose estate it was situated in. Constructed for the Belfast & Co. Down Railway Company, and designed by Benjamin Ferrey in a Scottish Baronial style. It contained in addition to the usual passenger facilities, a private waiting room for the Marquis. A staircase led down to a sunken courtyard from which two laneways left – one to Clandeboye House for the Marquis and the other to the nearby beach.