Grand Canal Street Dublin
Samuel Stevenson & Son
1960s – Unbuilt twin for O’Connell Bridge House, Dublin
1951 – Boland’s Biscuit Mills, Grand Canal Street, Dublin
Architect: Samuel Stevenson & Son
Built on the site of a building occupied by Éamon de Valera during the 1916 Easter Rising, DeValera would later be President of Ireland, a fact commemorated by a plaque on the wall of the building along Macken Street.
A five storey concrete framed structure, with a lower curving corner to Macken Street. The former Boland’s Mill building was stripped back to its concrete framed structure and redeveloped into an office building in the late 1980s by Treasury Holdings.