1878 – Presbyterian Church, Townsend Street, Belfast
The church and adjacent three storey hall, both listed buildings erected at a cost of £11,000 in 1878. Finished externally in red sandstone. The spire was never completed being capped off at roof height by a pyramidal roof. The church had a beautiful wooden galleried interior with organ. The church is also home to three stained-glass windows by An Túr Gloine (The Glass Tower) artistic movement. Amongst them, a window by Wilhelmina Geddes, reflecting motifs of “faith, hope, and charity”.
Closed to worship, it is now to become a home for the Ulster Orchestra, and will serve as administrative offices for the orchestra and a rehearsal space. The orchestra has used the church to rehearse for some time and plan future concerts.