Irish Presbyterian Churches
The Drapers' Company
William J. Booth
1879 – House, Chapel-Hill, Derry
1831 – 2nd Presbyterian Church, Moneymore, Co. Derry
Architect: William J. Booth
This classical barn style church was erected in 1831 as the Meeting House for the congregation, which had seceded from the 1st Presbyterian Church on Stonard St., in 1818. Since this postcard was issued, a gabled porch has been added to the facade, ruining the realtionship between the central window and the entrance. William Booth was surveyor to the Draper’s Company estates in Co. Derry, from 1827 until 1855 and designed a number of buildings in Draperstown and Moneymore.