Architecture of Kilkenny
1820 – St. John’s Priory, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny
1335 – Market Cross, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny
From the Transactions of the Kilkenny Archaeological Society, 1843: “This interesting monument, which was erected in 1335, stood in the High-street, between the Butterslip and the Tholsel, and appears to have been an exceedingly light and elegant structure in the Decorated style of architecture. Several old writers have left us descriptions of it which correspond most accurately with a few drawings takes from different points of views, that fortunately have also come down to our day, and leave no room, as in the case of other ancient objects of interest destroyed about the same period, for doubt or speculation as it its appearance and effect.” Removed in 1771.