Architecture of Belfast
Sir Charles Lanyon (1813-1889)
1847 – Design for County Court House, Belfast, Co. Antrim
1845 – Ulster Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, Belfast, Co. Antrim
Architect: Charles Lanyon
A school for the education of the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind, designed by Charles Lanyon in an Elizabethan style. Costing £8,000, it opened to pupils in 1845 and was demolished in 1963. The the site is currently occupied by the Medical Biology Centre (MBC), Queen’s University of Belfast.