1927 – Former Gorevan’s Department Store, Camden Street, Dublin
A fine concrete building with its structure clearly visible, this former Department Store was used as the headquarters of the Irish Nationwide Building Society for many years. Now in use as retail outlet and gym. The concrete framework that gives the building its modern look turns the corner and continues down the side street. Strangely the rationalist expression of structure is topped with a Classical balustrade.