Beamish & Crawford
Houston & Houston
1918 – Counting House, Beamish & Crawford Brewery, Cork
Architect: Houston & Houston
There was a brewery on this site as far back as the 17th century and before that a monastery. William Beamish and William Crawford acquired the brewery in 1791 from Edward Allen and by 1809 it was the largest brewery in Ireland. This unusual structure with its Germanic gables and Tudor central façade was probably designed by Houston & Houston who did other work for the brwewery including the Stables for the dray horses and the Oval Bar across the street.