1850 – Railway Station, Sligo, Co. Sligo
Built in the early 1850s by John Skipton Mulvany, the architect of the sublime Broadstone station in Dublin, the station was burned out during the Irish Civil War. This destroyed the original roof. The office accommodation was rebuilt in the 1920s but for some reason the station platforms weren’t restored. When constructed, it consisted of two passenger platforms with a small loading dock on the ‘up’ side and two storage sidings between the platform lines. Also known as Sligo Mac Diarmada station.