1900 – Arnott & Co., Bridge St., Belfast

Architect: J.J. Phillips & Son

0532

Department store constructed between 1897-1900, on the corner of Bridge and High Street. The store was originally designed by Thomas Jackson and built 1857 – 1858, and extended around the corner by Phillips. Destroyed in the Belfast Blitz in 1941 and replaced with Arnott House, a pleasantly proportioned but unexciting 1950s neo-Georgian building.

See Also