Re: Re: shannon town centre proposal of 1979
Shannon was just marshy farmland up to theearly 20th Century known as Rineanna. Just to give some perspective on its location…really havent got to grips with the new camera so excuse the blur..
– Bunratty in the foreground. You can just make out Tarbert Power Station Chimney stack to the right. Aughinish Aluminium to the left. The island in the foreground was recently for sale for approx 300k.
– Tower near bunratty..taken from Toll Bridge. 4 or 5 of these within a few miles of Shannon apparently all visible from Bunratty.
– Parts of Shannon town and Ind Est in the foreground.
– Excuse the quality but you can just make out the twin stacks of Moneypoint in the centre behind the hills. Parts of Shannon and Airport in the foreground.
– Parts of Limerick taken from the same location.