Re: Re: Richard Brash
St. Mary’s Church, Buttevant, Co. Cork
The sacristy is the building on the left side of the picture and was built in 1855.
The large west window seen here had its tracery bars designed by Brash in 1855/1856. The window tracery is based on that of the west window of Winchester cathedral. While Winchester’s west window works on a system of 3 bays of 3 lancets, the Buttevant tracery system is developed on the bases of a 3 bays of 2 lancets.