Re: Re: Images from the Irish Capuchin Archive
Capuchin Friars observe the building of the Jameson Distillery Chimney c. 1895
Photographic print of Capuchin Friars, Church Street, Dublin, observing the construction of the Jameson Distillery Chimney off Bow Street. The chimney was built in 1895-6 and was originally used in the process of distilling Jameson Whiskey. It remains one of Dublin’s tallest landmarks reaching a height of 60 meters. Distilling ceased at Bow Street in 1971 and was transferred to Midleton, County Cork.