Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Home Forums Ireland Developments in Cork Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Anonymous
Inactive

@PTB wrote:

Lets just leave it as Faulkners lane. It’s served the city well for the past two centuries

Not sure about this one, at least for the street as it stands. The Savoy and Easons both are closed off to Emmet Place. I think there’s only a kitchen fit-out shop open onto drawbridge street. Perhaps if Easons changed the orientation of their shop so that there was an opening onto drawbridge street the street would be more inviting. It would be great to see and extension of the Paul street area on towards lower Patrick steet though Emmet place creating a series of open spaces not unlike Temple bar.

My favourite is Step lane just off Barrack street. Just one step. I don’t really understand why.

The Savoy has an entrance to Emmet Place and Easons actually had a grand entrance off Drawbridge St. which can easily be reinstated.These Pedestrianised Streets would encourage better shopfronts and display rather than secondary uses which they now have.

Pedestrianise these streets as far as the Quays as there is little need for traffic & Parking in these narrow hard to access anyway streets.

Latest News