Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Home Forums Ireland Developments in Cork Re: Re: Developments in Cork

James Furlong
Participant

@Paul Clerkin wrote:

James, I removed the german posts last week and here you are bringing them backup. It’s irrelevant now move on.

I see that now, I did not see that at the time of my posting given that work did not afford me the time to read back over a few pages of posts. Apologies.

@kite wrote:

Patrick Street is the best street in the World
Joe Gavin is the best city manager in the World
We have the most informed local councilors in the World
We have the best build quality in the World
Nothing can ever go wrong for us now or in the future as we have the best Government in the World.
There you are now James you can relax for a while and let those without the rose tinted sunglasses (as it NEVER rains in Cork) point out the shortcomings of developments in Cork as well as the positive points.

I fear the tone of your reply highlights that the argument is lost on you. I clearly point out that criticisms can and should be discussed in a mature and responsible manner. The issue I was disputing is the consistent and sarcastic jibes that continue in this forum. Criticise were appropriate but I understand the title of this forum is Developments in Cork and I hear very little active discussion on how the architecture and face of Cork is developing in terms of buildings proposed. The fact that one of the most important developments to hit Cork city in years, Saint Patricks Street and Academy Street development, was granted earlier this week and it hasn’t even been discussed yet says it all to me really. I don’t know if anyone has seen the revised designs which I believe were influenced by a UK architect firm. From what I’ve been told 19 apartments were lost off the 68 proposed in the revised scheme. My inkling is that O’Callaghan will probaby go ahead with this and apply for new apartments while under construction.

And on Water Street, it was granted. A shadow of its original but granted all the same. I imagine the developers won’t be proceeding with it until the tax breaks come through however so seeing the buildings rise up could be a while away yet.

Latest News