Re: Re: cork docklands

Home Forums Ireland cork docklands Re: Re: cork docklands

ToMuchFreeTime
Participant

Interesting project. not sure what the time frame is or if there is anyone. it would be good if they had a website showing what they propose. Or have they? Link? I am one who would love to see this project go ahead as soon as, but realistic i think its not going to happen. there will still be problems raising money for this development specially when property prices are still falling. Also the fact that many business will have to be relocated will surly hold up the project for few years

What i find most interesting, is the proposed ‘Ford Experience’, I am very excited to find out more on this. Good to hear something like this been incorporated into the plan.

€750m Cork Marina project promises to create 1,200 jobs By Eoin English

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A MASSIVE €750 million regeneration project for one of the country’s most iconic industrial sites was unveiled last night with the promise of up to 1,200 construction jobs.

The redevelopment of the 24-acre Marina Commercial Park (MCP) in the heart of Cork city’s docklands is expected to create a further 5,000 jobs once completed.

It has the largest private river frontage in Cork city and has 500,000 square feet of buildings with 150 businesses on site, employing approximately 1,500 people.

MCP director Gerry Wycherley said he wants to establish a vibrant, socially inclusive community within the city’s south docklands, where people will live, work and enjoy their leisure time.

“We are confident that our proposed development will provide significant economic and employment benefit for the people of Cork into the future,” he said.

The proposed development features:

* More than 800 apartments, providing homes for up to 2,230 people.

* A marina where they can park their boats.

* A range of community amenities.

* A visitor and science centre, the Ford Experience, which is expected to attract up to 300,000 visitors annually.

* A new central plaza to provide a hub for the community, including a creche and library.

City manager Joe Gavin said: “This 24-acre site is at the heart of Cork’s docklands and the announcement is a crucial step in realising Cork City Council’s vision for the whole docklands area.”

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/750m-cork-marina-project-promises-to-create-1200-jobs-127563.html

Latest News