Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Home Forums Ireland college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Faddyfish
Participant

I contacted the Council about all the redundant brown finger signage on College Green and Grafton Street via the “report it” feature on their website. A day or two later I got a phone call from the council asking which signs I wanted to remove, so I sent the friendly guy in the roads department some photos and they have now all been removed. The large sign for the ferry remains but perhaps this one is the responsibility of the NRA? It really does not belong there. The large collection behind the Molly Malone statue was particularly bad and they even took away the pole. Anyway, it is a small bit of progress.

There are loads of old brown fingers signs still up around the city that should have been removed since the new wayfinder signs went in so perhaps this method will work elsewhere. I can’t believe why the council is not more proactive in getting out and de-cluttering.

Latest News