Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Home Forums Ireland college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

missarchi
Participant

@gunter wrote:

On the Luas, while I accept that it compromises the level of full pedestrianisation that can be achieved on a given street or square, to begin to reject the Luas on these kinds of grounds, for not doing enough to civilize the city, is just a step too far for me.

I don’t know which routes you’re suggesting, I can’t find good alternative routes, that’s the problem. Bearing in mind that if you pick a route that has a high loading of traffic, including bus traffic, already on it, like the Quays for example, the bulk of this displaced traffic will have to be accommodated on an alternative route and one travelling in much the same direction.

how about a compromise we lay the tracks and incorporate them into the hard landscaping design but don’t use them or don’t use them on weekends???

There are loads of routes!!! it comes down on how wet you wanna get and the metro route south of the green and other future rail options…

crayon time…
cscsb can you comment on the blue line impossible?
red line would be free city circle I know some of the turns are messy mini luas/bus ;)…
It’s so easy for CIE to connect into metro north… and we can get rid of that bridge

https://archiseek.com/content/attachment.php?attachmentid=7928&stc=1&d=1218740513

Latest News