Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Home Forums Ireland college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

ctesiphon
Participant

Thanks for the clarification. I’m broadly in agreement with what you say, and the analogy with the house-building boom is spot on, sadly. All the more depressing, in fact, when you think of just how long these projects have been proposed. Why wait until the 11th hour to get the detailing right? Baffling.

Also, I thought of you – and this thread – at lunchtime, as I walked along the full length of the solid white line that separates north- and south-bound traffic between TCD and BoI (i.e. connecting the Dame Street traffic island to the College Green one). Not for the faint-hearted!

PS If I were a betting man, my money would be on BX not happening. Sadly, I don’t think this would prevent the Hawkins bridge being built, nor would it ensure its removal after the ‘temporary’ phase that seems inevitable- doubtless, DCC will find a use for it (the memory of the forlorn poles from the Brennan-DCC spat being used [eventually!] for the ‘5-axle ban’ signs in the city centre springs readily to mind :().

Latest News