Re: Re: Building control

Home Forums Ireland Building control Re: Re: Building control


“external certification” is already happening in the case of compliance with Part B of the Building Regulations on the larger developments where fire consultants are engaged. Of course Structural Engineers have for many years issued certificates for the structure of the building. With various different assessments/certificates required (and proposed), is it now the time we went along a similar route as the UK, where buildings are formally submitted to an adequately resourced Building Control Authority for assessment, rather then a hit and miss system, where some elements are submitted for approval and others are not.

Latest News