Re: Re: Branded Buildings – Any Limits ?
Are you referring to a halifax sign or a shop front.
The last word:
1. Obviously, retail mix is important but not at the expense of heritage.
2. Branding and advertising are important but less important when you have a high street location as the constant footfall will suffice.
3. That shop front is not sensitive enough, it is in the zone, but I would be dissatisfied with it because it is too striking and harsh for the existing building. It takes the emphasis away from the buildings.
4. Unsympathetic advertising is not acceptable in a streetscape of that character.
5. I do not want to scorn MCD for their efforts, I would like the more than capable Planners that are still in existence, steer them further in the right direction.