Reply To: Down With An Taisce!!!

Home Forums Ireland Down With An Taisce!!! Reply To: Down With An Taisce!!!

Anonymous
Participant

Originally posted by lexington
But ya see I DO think No.5 and No.6 Lapps Quay are of a high standard of design – especially when you consider what No.5 used to be, it’s an example of clever and innovative redesign. City Quarter, I have to agree looks boring on paper, but to see it in real life – even though it is yet to be fully complete – certainly made me change my mind. It is pretty awesome. And if what you say about ‘boring buildings’ easily rentable – the aforementioned projects have SOLD almost all their office space at the stage (No.5 sold out, No.6 3 floors remaining – not even the frame is up yet on this project – and City Quarter is 70% occupied with another floor being added to meet demand) and yet office vacancy rates at a national level are just under 15%. Sure Cork is booming at the moment but I still think the demand does reflect quite a lot the quality of the product.

All the above has exactly what to do with An Taisce?

Demand for offices in Cork has everything to do with the IDA and global economic forces, it has little to do with the availabilty of buildings of questionable architectural merit.

Have a look at Liffey House on Tara St on http://www.johnpaulconstruction.com
economy and demand are everything, supply is the result of risks taken and little else.

Latest News