Reply To: Third party right of appeal

Home Forums Ireland Third party right of appeal Reply To: Third party right of appeal

urbanisto
Participant

Personally I support the Third Party Right of Appeal as I think it makes the planning process more transparent and accountable. Does it work well in Ireland? In theory I think it does. It is definately becoming increasingly contentious, especially with regard to prescribed bodies. But it works both ways, while it allows any individual to comment on and appeal any planning decision it which may adversly affect them it also can be seen to throw a spanner in the works for any individual seeking to gain permission. Hence you get all these stories from local councillors about ‘poor young couples’ who just ‘can’t get permission’ for their 10 bed Dallas-style mansion with septic tank on the banks of that beautiful river or on the crest of that incredibly scenic hill.

On the whole I think it is a progressive measure in our planning system and one that should be encouraged as a way of increasing participation in the planning system.

Latest News