Reply To: Cathedrals of Commerce

Home Forums Ireland Cathedrals of Commerce Reply To: Cathedrals of Commerce

garethace
Participant

Richard Florida article, the man himself:

Click on ‘article’, it is linked.

Creative Class War

How the GOP’s anti-elitism could ruin America’s economy.

In effect, for the first time in our history, we’re saying to highly mobile and very finicky global talent, “You don’t belong here.”

I guess that is how Dublin has scored recently. So what Dispora is saying about commerce and the built environment isn’t a thousand million miles away from the truth.

we are popular with Florida aren’t we now?

For several years now, my colleagues and I have been measuring the underlying factors common to those American cities and regions with the highest level of creative economic growth. The chief factors we’ve found are: large numbers of talented individuals, a high degree of technological innovation, and a tolerance of diverse lifestyles. Recently my colleague Irene Tinagli of Carnegie Mellon and I have applied the same analysis to northern Europe, and the findings are startling. The playing field is much more level than you might think. Sweden tops the United States on this measure, with Finland, the Netherlands, and Denmark close behind. The United Kingdom and Belgium are also doing well. And most of these countries, especially Ireland, are becoming more creatively competitive at a faster rate than the United States.

Latest News