Reply To: turning potential employees away at your front door

Home Forums Ireland turning potential employees away at your front door Reply To: turning potential employees away at your front door

James
Participant

Edward

I think the ‘cold calling’ will often pay dividends however yo ureally do need to be well prepared when doing this (resume, mini portfolio etc) as it can be difficult for the principal that you are calling on – eg: tomorrow I’m overbooked in my diary and even 20 minutes will mean that I may be late for a site meeting – which is unprofessional.

I would’nt worry about the scenario which you describe of the receptionist being unable to arrange an interview for you as this is generally for the time being – par for the course – most practises ARE reducing their workforces and are very cautious about hiring at present – in other words – nothing personal its just how things are.

Carry on trying, one thing though, no matter how frustrating, don’t be rude, most people in my experience, want to help and are just as frustrated that they can’t, also it just creates a bad impression of somebody that you might otherwise be sympathetic towards.

Best of Luck.

James

Latest News