1876 – Warehouse, No.77 Victoria Street, Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie

0818

Demolished. “This building has been erected in one of the main thoroughfares of Belfast, for the wholesale drug business of Mr. W. Collins. The front is of red Suffolk bricks with black mortar, braided joints, and the ground floor and dressings of Dumfries red sandstone. The keystones of three elliptical arches have heads of Galen, Escupius, and Paracelsus, carved by Mr. Stevens. The interior fittings, which are executed in selected pitch pine, French polished, are in keeping with the style adopted. The works have been carried out by Messrs. Dixon & Cay, from the designs and under the supervision of Messrs. Young & Mackenzie, architects.” The Architect, September 16 1876