1843 – Whitfield Court, Co. Waterford
Built between 1841 and 1843, the Daniel Robertson-designed Whitfield Court was built for William Christmas on the footprint of a previous property. The Italianate house features a ballroom, several reception rooms and a grand cantilevered staircase which leads to 11 bedrooms.
During the 1800s, Whitfield was owned by the Chavasse family and subsequently by the Dawnays, before becoming a polo school for the last quarter of the 20th century. Since then it has passed through several hands with different plans presented but ultimately never carried out. It sits in an increasing state of dereliction.