1770 – Kilboy House, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William Leeson



A middle to late 18th century house built for Henry Prittie MP, afterwards 1st Lord Dunalley, to the design of William Leeson, considered the most important house that Leeson designed. Built in stone, three storeys high over a basement with a central pediment and four large, engaged Doric columns. It had a broad flight of steps to the front door, which opened unto a large square hall. The top storey was treated as an attic above the cornice. There was a five-bay side elevation. The house had a very fine interior with good plasterwork and imperial staircase. The mansion was burnt in 1922 and afterwards rebuilt without the top attic storey. The house was demolished and a single-storey house in the Georgian style was built over the original basement in 1955. Also destroyed by fire in 2005, a new house has been constructed on the site.