1927 – War Memorial, Omagh , Co. Tyrone
Architect: Richard Orpen
An obelisk of hammered granite with dressed angles standing on a base reached by three steps. On the base of the obelisk cut in limestone is the following;- “To Our Glorious Dead. 1914 –1918. Their Name Liveth for Evermore.” Over this inscription is a bronze panel representing an angel hovering over two dying soldiers, the work of artist Rosamond Praeger of Holywood, Co. Down. The entire structure was prepared in the workshops of Messrs Purdy & Millard College Square Belfast and erected by that firm. Richard Caulfield Orpen R.H.A., Dublin, was the architect responsible for the design. The low surrounding wall in the photograph has since been removed.