1926 – Church of SS Peter & Paul, Dromiskin, Co. Louth
A confident example of the Romanesque style of the new Irish Free State. A local landmark, the church’s most striking feature is the distinctive Italianate bell tower with its copper cupola and the rock-faced granite. The interior is a light and airy space, with elaborate and extensive mosaic decoration to the sanctuary end of the church.
Photograph Peter Clarke