1898 – Lady Erin Monument, Sligo, Co. Sligo

0042

0041

The Lady Erin Monument was erected in 1898 to honour the centenary celebrations for those men who had fought in the Insurrection of 1798. One of many completed around the country, this was designed by by the Dublin sculptor Herbert G. Barnes. Unveiled on September 3rd 1898 in front of a crowd of several thousand people.

Map is being rolled out, not all buildings are mapped yet.