1867 – Lissara Presbyterian Church, Crossgar, Co. Down

Architect: William Barre


The Foundation Stone of the Church was laid on 26 August 1865 by James Sherman Crawford, Esq., J.P. on a site in Crossgar Square donated by James Cleland, Esq., J.P. The new church cost less than £1500, accommodated 500 people, and was opened for Public Worship on 14 April 1867. Turret and slated spire, rose window over doorway, with 5 buttressed bays on each side, it is one of the last works of William J. Barre.

Photograph Peter Clarke