Irish Methodist Churches
1860 – Thomas St. Methodist Church, Portadown, Co. Armagh
Architect: John Boyd
A classical church with imposing tetrastyle Corinthian portico started in 1858 and opened in 1860. John Boyd was a Belfast-based architect who designed many churches and schools for the Methodists and Presbyterians in the late 1850s. He was later the partner of William Batt in Boyd & Batt.