1845 – Castle Dillon, Loughgall, Co. Armagh
A large and austere mansion built to replace a mid-18th century house for Sir George King Adlercron Molyneux. A large two-storey, nine-bay centre block; with single-storey, three-bay wings. Both the entrance front and the garden front, which faces the lake, are similar and plain, apart from a pillared porch on the entrance front.
Castle Dillon was sold in 1926 by the family and has served various purposes, including military uses and a nursing home since then. Now increasingly derelict. The walled garden has gone but two gate lodges survive, one possibly by Sir William Chambers and an eye-catching obelisk erected in 1782. Stables by Thomas Cooley circa 1782.