1782 – Former Barracks, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary
Built as Clonmel Infantry Barracks between 1780 and 1782 and renamed Victoria Barracks in honour of Queen Victoria in 1837. In 1873 it became the depot for the two battalions of the 18th (Royal Irish) Regiment of Foot. The Royal Irish Regiment was disbanded at the time of Irish Independence in 1922 and the barracks taken over by the forces of the Irish Free State. They were then renamed Kickham Barracks after Charles Kickham, an Irish Poet. After a period of disuse, they were largely rebuilt for the Irish Army between 1942 and 1945 and remained in use until March 2012.
The complex currently awaits a new use.