1947 – Former Aldephi Cinema, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Robinson & Keefe

0075

00760077

Opened in 1947 as an entire entertainment complex, the Adelphi comprised a cinema, a restaurant, and lounge. A ballroom was added in the 1950s and played host to many music stars from Ireland and abroad. The overall exterior of the building is still discernable but much altered in function and appearance being converted to apartments and shopping units.

Last Updated June 12th, 2024 at 8:27 pm