Irish country houses
1864 – New Castle, Portumna, Co. Galway
18th C. – Daly’s Grove, Ahascragh, Co. Galway
The Dalys of Dalysgrove, parish of Ahascragh, barony of Killian, county Galway, settled in east Galway at the end of the 17th century. The house was in the possession of Peter F. Daly in 1906 who held over 500 acres of untenanted land at Dalysgrove. Sold by the Dalys in 1928, only the shell of the house and parts of the walled garden remain.