1838 – Camlin Castle, Co. Donegal

Architect: John B. Keane


A rebuilding project by John B. Keane incorporating parts of an earlier 17th century house for John Tredennick. Camlin Castle was sadly demolished as part of Erne Hydro-Electric Scheme of the 1940s/50s, when it was thought that the house would be submerged by the new lake. Parts of the outbuildings and foundations can still be seen. A fine freestancing castellated gateway, also designed by Keane, gate lodge and screen wall formerly serving the main entrance to the castle still stands.