1835 – Grand Hotel, Malahide, Co. Dublin



Originally opened in 1835 by James Fagan MP and soon renamed the Royal Hotel after he received a Royal Warrant. Later renamed the Grand Hotel around 1900 during what was a time of rising nationalist sentiment. Drawings from 1843 by Neville Parke and E.H. Carson exist for a proposed new hotel, but the architect of the original parts of the building remains unclear.