1790s – No.7 Westmoreland St., Dublin

1687

A Wide Street Commissioners building that was demolished to make way for offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company. An architectural competition was held for the design of the replacement and the building still stands today.

After demolition in the 1880s, the Irish Builder remarked that some old signage was found under more recent signage. “For many years the premises have been occupied by musicsellers – the removal a few days ago of the modern sign boards revealed the names of the firm of “Robinson, Bussell, and Robinson,” and underneath, “Royal Harmonic Saloon.””

See Also