1796 – Former Town Hall, Naas, Co. Kildare
Originally built as a gaol in 1796 by the Naas Corporation. That body was abolished in 1840, and the building lay empty until it was acquired by their successors, the Naas Town Commission in 1854. It was renovated by 1861 into the town hall. In 1900 the new Urban District Council took over the running of the town. In 1904 they renovated the Town Hall, and gave it the new facade including the twin-faced clock. At this time, a Carnegie Library was also inserted into the ground floor by John J. Inglis. The finished product is an odd-looking building – the main elevation, while symmetrically-planned is a riot of ornamentation.