1908 – Nos. 22-24 Upper George’s Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Edward Lee was a businessman who built a chain of drapery shops in Dublin, Rathmines, Bray, and Dún Laoghaire during the 1880s. The premises was rebuilt during 1905-08 to include accomodation for the shop staff, but this accommodation was little used by staff.
Around 1920-21, the staff accommodation was converted to a hotel by Kaye-Parry & Ross with an entrance from Northumberland Avenue. Originally a temperance hotel, serving no alcohol for many years, but later sold alcohol. Lee’s ceased trading in the 1970s. Recently a outlet of Dunnes Stores.