1934 – Picturedrome Cinema, Mountpottinger, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: John McBride Neill


Constructed on the site of an earlier Picturedrome which had opened, with 1,000 seats in 1911. The original pillared building with dome was designed by Liverpool based architects Campbell & Fairhurst.In 1934 the entire building was demolished after a fire.

The new cinema had seating for 1,100 in stalls and the balcony. A foyer ran the full width of the cinema with stairs at either end leading to a luxury waiting lounge and the balcony. Later purchased by the Rank Organisation in 1955, and closed in 1970. Demolished at some stage in the early 1990s.