George L. O'Connor (1870-1947)
1868 – Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, Cabra, Dublin
1914 – Bohemian Picture House, Phibsborough, Dublin
Architect: George L. O’Connor
According to the Irish Builder, the facade was “finished in red brick and chiselled limestone dressings, gables and finials”. The design strongly resembled the Rathmines Picture Palace with its two flanking shops either side of the main entrance which had a deep canopy. The interior was surprisingly spacious with the auditorium being 104 feet by 38 feet and furnished with seats and carpets in shades of blue and topped by an elliptical ceiling. Closed and later demolished.