Camden Street Dublin
Rudolph Maximilian Butler (1872-1943)
1850 – Chapel, St Mary’s Hospital, Phoenix Park, Dublin
1912 – Camden Picture House, Camden St., Dublin
Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler
A conversion of a former shop by architect Rudolf Maximilian Butler into a small cinema with 400 seats. It had some unusual features – the auditorium was heated by a solid-fuel stove at the back, and the screen was at the front of the building, so patrons entered via doors on each side of it. Closed in 1948 and demolished in the 1960s.