1871 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Kilmoyley, Co. Kerry
Design published in 1868, but the foundation stone was not laid until 1871, with dedication in 1873. “Our principal illustration with this No. is a view of the Catholic Church to be built near Ardfert, for the Rev. Father O’Donoghue, from designs by Mr. G.C. Ashlin, architect of Dublin. The plan consists of nave, chancel, porch, and one aisle, the length being 100 feet, and the width 40 feet. The nave is separated from the aisle by an arcade of 6 arches, with marble shafts, carved caps and moulded bases. The roof of the nave will be open timbered, and that of the chancel will be panelled with wooden ribs, the panels to receive decoration hereafter.” The Irish Builder, December 15 1868.