1902 – St Columcille’s Church, Ballynahown, Co. Westmeath
Designed by William Hague but completed after his death by his younger partner T. F. McNamara. Tower and spire look to have been constructed over time, with different stone – the elaborate ashlar limestone spire and belfry looking slightly at odds with the predominately yellow masonry of the church. This has lead to speculation that the spire may have been designed by McNamara after Hague’s death. The interior of the later church retains some interesting stained glass windows including a number by Watson & Co. of Youghal, but the sanctuary has been re-ordered leading to the loss of the altar and reredos.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.