Architecture of Essex
Ernest C. Lee
1903 – Chapel & Schools, Seven Kings, Essex
1879 – Round & Green’s Bank, Colchester, Essex
Architect: Ernest C. Lee
A small independent banking house, in operation since the 1820s. In 1891, it (as Round, Green, Hoare, & Co.) merged with Gurney’s of Norwish, and was inturn taken over by Barclays in 1896. A very unusual, even eccentric design above ground level with its large oriel window and elaborate dormers. Published in The Building News, April 11th 1879.